Research digital skills training 2021
Visualisation & Analytics
The Centre provides researchers with an access to a large visualisation data facility. The visualisation suite has six-large 4K resolution displays powered by a fast computing node with high-end graphics. The dedicated facility is located at the level 5 of the Science Building 302. The service is already helping many research projects and increasing the University research visibility.
Bookable facility and equipment
The bookable visualisation suite includes advanced platforms for displaying data and media. Advice and consultation on how to use these equipment and tools are provided.
We also host a range of advanced display technologies, such as AR/VR. The space and equipment can be used to visualise and explore large or complex data sets which allow for a small research group’s collaborations and meetings, or to be utilised for key outreach activities with investors, funders, or VIP events.
The hardware we currently have:
- One large setup of 2×3 65″ 4K UHD curved tile-wall display
- One 86″ mobile 3DTV
- One 82″ mobile 4K TV (Grafton)
- Two 65″ mobile 4K TV (Grafton + City campus)
- Seven fixed HTC Vive Pros
- Two portable HTC Vives (Backpack setup)
- Six Microsoft Hololens (AR, can be on loan for offsite)
- One zSpace 3D display
- ODG R7 AR-enabled HUD smartglasses
- Four sets of Oculus Rifts VR equipment
- Thirty sets of Oculus Guest equipment (Grafton + City campus)
- Four Galaxy S8 smartphones + 4 Gear VR headsets + 4 Google Daydream headsets